Hello again! I would like to dedicate this week’s blog to the (attempt at juggling) craziness of summer classes, jobs, and life. To give people an idea of what this craziness looks like, here is a picture of my June schedule.
Not to mention this schedule just discusses times of each job, when I have class, and what classroom I am substituting in (if that information is given to me beforehand. It also shows the craziness of my weekends in June, packed with weddings.
And to make it even more chaotic, it is very unlikely that this will stay this way. I will likely have to switch shifts at the coffee shop or switch lifeguarding shifts, or I could have been originally scheduled to substitute in a social studies room, but with my luck I will get switched to a middle school English classroom.
A couple pieces of advice that I wish to share in the hopes that someone reading with a similar crazy life can be guided by:
- Only look ahead to tomorrow, no farther than that.
- This is because you will totally get overwhelmed if you were to see what the rest of your week entails, but you don’t want to get yourself too far behind by not looking a day ahead.
- Be flexible and don’t stress.
- There is no point in stressing over things you can not control, whether that is an abrupt shift change or a last minute assignment due in 2 days. You can use the energy that you would waste in worrying towards finishing that assignment or rearranging your schedule to fit all of your appointments and shifts.
- Thank your significant other/family/friends/pets.
- Lets face it, they help you through a lot, and during this crazy point in your life theres no way you would have any hair left if it wasn’t for that person/animal. So thank them, hug your dog (or in my case, chinchilla) a little longer, spend a couple extra minutes with them, and then get back to grinding!
To conclude, just stay as positive as you can, there’s no reason to waste the energy on being negative. And just keep pushing through!