Here is a fantastic collection of resources for wrapping your head around what constitutes the Nature of Science, why it is essential to integrate these objectives in our curriculum and instruction, and some ideas of how to go about that!!
A great blog post by Brunsell on Edutopia inspired by irritation of ignorance with an incredible set of resources linked to it.
- Stories Behind the Science by Clough and colleagues (NSF supported) – CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!- with well developed support material for teachers
- Different types of lesson plans for teaching the NOS – discrepant events, focused NOS lessons and others compiled by folks at Indiana University
- Classroom practices
- You are Where You Sit by Tom Mckenna
- A strong argument against “The Scientific Method” hanging on your wall by folks at Berkeley
- Schwartz, R. (2007). What’s in a word? Science Scope (October) 31(2), 42-47.