Here is a summary of our August 28th meeting with April and Michael about student teaching. Feel free to add more if I missed something or made a mistake.
For Fall field placement:
- We will have to teach a series (three consecutive class periods of the same students: ex. Monday, Wednesday, Friday) of 3 lessons (Inquiry, Nature of Science, Community). This lesson will be taught in November before Thanksgiving and the content must fit within your CT’s curriculum at that time. One of these lessons will be a Warner Lesson Plan and the other two will be abbreviated lesson plans with a format given to us by April. See hint under Observations
- This must be started AFTER December 11th (the last day of classes for Warner). Other than this requirement, the four weeks must be negotiated with your CT. Since state testing begins mid-January, ideally you should break up the four weeks into a week and a half before Christmas break and 2 and a half weeks after (or something like that).
- This will start approximately the first or second week of February for most of us. (8 weeks total)
- Yours (phone # and email)
- Your supervisor (email)
- Michael (email)
- April (maybe) (email)
- your CT
- your Supervisor
- 2 days before observation date: give the observer (either Supervisor or Michael) your Warner lesson plan to receive feedback
- 10 minutes before you give the lesson: talk to Supervisor or Michael about what you would like the observer to focus on during their observation (ex. engaging a particular student)
- After the lesson, you will need 30 – 40 minutes afterwards to debrief with your observer.