Huge shout-out to the owner of The Victor Apple Farm – Munir Bahai – and his crew! In addition to learning so many things from you, we got to experience your passion for your profession as well as your joyful wit and selfless spirit!!! Thank you for an incredible experience!
Just a few of the things we learned:
- why using UV radiation to purify the apple cider is “better for the world”
- storage processes for apples including 800 lb crates and a 32-degree storage room
- the varied steps of cleaning apples and making apples cider
- why the cleaning and drying processes at The Apple Farm in Victor exceed regulations and practices of many other places which result in safer consumption as well as better tasting (less watered-down) cider
- apples require cross-pollination, so in nature, it is impossible to know what type of apple you find as there are even more than 200 kinds.
- that Mr. Bahai requests everyone’s support in finding the marbles he lost about 40 years ago during his electrical engineering program 🙂
Enjoy the pictures!
More pictures are available to download here: